Loader not found

Bill Hacker wbh at conducive.org
Sun Mar 13 11:27:03 PST 2005

Matthew Dillon wrote:

:Hi,
:
:The dfly-2005.0131.iso dose not boot.
:I got the following error:
:Building the boot loader arguments
:Looking up /BOOT/LOADER... File not found
:
:I downloaded DF iso from the following website:
:http://www.bsdinstaller.org/iso-images/
:
:I know this iso has the bsd new installer integrated with, thats why I
:would like to try out.
:
:Is there any suggestion and comment for this?
:
:Thanks
:Sam

    There are still issues with the boot loader.
Probably not...

  Sigh.  I haven't been
    able to figure out why some machines can't find /boot/loader.  It's got
    to be some sort of disk addressing issue but none of my boxes have this
    behavior so I can't track down exactly what or why.
I have seen it with other *BSD's and other OS' - OS/2 notoriously so.
Controller/BIOS or cylinder issue, sometimes just driver sequencing.
Often not the same for initial installation as it is later..
Will explore those with Sam offline and get back...

Bill

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>