Dragonfly and Hyperthreading....

Hummel Tom tom at bluespice.org
Sun Mar 13 07:50:39 PST 2005

I just browsed into the topic, but K8WE is fully based on NVIDIA
kludge chipsets, the chipsets company is not open source friendly, I
don't think you will get good support from open source world, based
on the point, Intel is still the best X86 Server platform except its
CPU problem.
UPDATE on the AMD K8 chipsets:
Serverworks introduced 2 K8 chipsets with MP capability, so there are 2
good choices for AMD machines right now.

AMD and ServerWorks (which also made some good P-x Chipsets)

So we have: VIA, AMD, ULI, SIS, NVIDIA, ATI and ServerWorks chipsets for
the K8 platform.

In my opinion the chipset isnt a reason for or against intel or amd.

tom