XML based startup scripts

Marcin Jessa lists at yazzy.org
Fri Mar 11 08:29:55 PST 2005

Hi Steven, guys.

Thanks a lot for the links. Seems like YAML + python could be a killer combo.
What I(we) will work on first is a new rc.d system for wifibsd, which is a FreeBSD for wireless network appliances (minimalistic router soft, something ala m0n0wall).
When we make something that really kick ass, we'll share the ideas and code and hopefully backport it to DragonFlyBSD if possible.
What I am really missing in modern NIX'es is something that could combine the robustness and ease of use of shell scripts with flexibility of XML or YAML.
I'd love to see something that can glue toghether GUI and console world and maybe even web-based tools.
Thanks again for the ideas.

--

Regards,
M. Jessa