XML based startup scripts

justin at shiningsilence.com justin at shiningsilence.com
Thu Mar 10 20:50:10 PST 2005

> Please not XML in that place! 'Raw' XML can be distracting to read.
>
> During startup, there is not yet the infrastructure in place 'on box' to
> support decoding or display of 'eye candy', nor should it be a
> requirement that the console be a computer able to decode and
> display XML  - or anything else an unaided CRT or serial TTY couldn't
> handle.

I always thought it was neat the way m0n0wall handled it:
http://www.m0n0.ch/

At this point, it's been discussed a bit - some people are for, some
against.  The best way to persuade people to try it would be to post a
patch set that can be applied against a DragonFly system that would
convert it to use XML.  Yeah, that would be a bit of work, but I think the
discussion phase is over.