Differences between AMD and Intel CPUs [was: Re: Dragonfly andHyperthreading....]

EM1897 at aol.com EM1897 at aol.com
Wed Mar 9 11:38:50 PST 2005

In a message dated 3/9/2005 2:11:49 PM Eastern Standard Time, "Martin P. Hellwig" <mhellwig at xxxxxxxxx> writes:

><cut all>
>Perhaps its the best to do some proofing or otherwise end this thread.
>
>As you may have noticed I have testdrived a sun fire v20z with 4 gig ram
>2 * amd opteron, the price after negotiation will be around 4000 EUR.
>
>I would like to challenge you to find comparible performing intel
>harwdare with the same pricetag. Please do ubench on it so we can compare.
>
>--
>mph

If you learn to read english  you'll know that uniprocessor
is a basic premise. You never seem to read anything
thats said, and always have some disjointed opinion.

Since I doubt you know what the performance of what you
plan to buy is, i doubt you have a point to make. I've
set the challenge: find me an AMD solution that is as
fast as a single 3.2Ghz P4 for $360. I don't have an
operating system that can (yet) utilize what you propose,
so its a complete waste of money.