SATA problem

David Rhodus sdrhodus at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 05:25:30 PST 2005

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 23:05:56 -0500, Jaime Andrés Ballesteros
<jaimeandresb at xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi all.
> I want to begin in DragonFlyBSD but my experience in FreeBSD 5.3 with
> my 120 GB SATA is not good. FreeBSD gives me the error FAILURE -
> WRITE_DMA. Today, i modifies de ata-lowlevel.c in the 48bit section
> and  i hope tha this will work. Anyway, i need to know if in DragonFly
> this problem is solved.
>
> If anyone knows about that, i will appreciate this.
>
> Thank you.
>
> jab

Its very hard to say because the ATA code in 5.3 is very different
than the ATA code currently in DragonFly.  You can try booting off of
an LiveCD and doing some testing on your own.  But without actually
having the hardware in hand its hard to say if it will work.

--
                                            -David
                                            Steven David Rhodus