Version numbering for release DECISION!

Raphael Marmier raphael at marmier.net
Mon Mar 28 09:32:16 PST 2005

RELEASE 1.0 --- PRODUCTION 1.0.1 -- PRODUCTION 1.0.2 ... ->

<snip>

However PRODUCTION is also not good enough i think. I'd like a word that
expesses that we are dealing with POST-RELEASE work. STABLE just doesn't
say that.
Is it really necessary?

You see the schema and you know it. Even a manager with no computer
knowledge will get it. And he will be reassured by the fact it states
PRODUCTION in big black letters.

We must just resist the temptation to try to load terms with unecessary
information, as it never fails to dilute the main point.

Raphael