Clock still getting stomped on from time to time (no pun intended)

Jonathon McKitrick jcm at FreeBSD-uk.eu.org
Fri Mar 25 07:54:26 PST 2005

Hi all,

I sent this to 'bugs' twice but it apparently didn't get through.

my laptop has been behaving dramatically better since the timer issue was
fixed a few months ago.  However, sometimes under heavy load, I notice the
problem again.  It doesn't hose the HD controller like before, but my clock
goes haywire, my keyboard repeats at ridiculous rates, and I feel like I'm
in a timewarp.

I know Matt added a sysctl to warn when this happens, but how can I actually
*fix* the problem?

Jonathon McKitrick
--
My other computer is your Windows box.