Backup solution

Joerg Anslik joerg at anslik.de
Sat Mar 19 04:18:37 PST 2005

Hi,

>I agree with you, but i would want to be able to make a RAW restore -
>that means if a disk fails the downtime to be minimal.

Maybe you should give "bacula" a try (http://www.bacula.org). It takes
some time to configure, though, but once it's up and running, it's
perfect, and you have the ability to do a "bare metal" disaster
recovery if your disks start pretending there's no data to read. :)

--j

who | grep -i blonde | talk; cd ~; wine; talk; touch;
unzip; touch; strip; gasp; finger; gasp; mount;
fsck; more; yes; gasp; umount; make clean; sleep