Emergency Editors (was Stabble Tag move)

Bill Hacker wbh at conducive.org
Mon Mar 14 22:45:17 PST 2005

32627.GC95866 at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <200503150244.j2F2iwTs051322 at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Matthew Dillon wrote:

>     Ok, I got a little carried away, so I'm afraid all the fun modifications
>     have been done :-).  The Minix 'mined' editor is now part of bin.  It
>     comes in at a whopping 36KB (static binary).
>
>     I added some features to make it more useful.  I made ^Z work, ^L
>     redraw the screen, added escape codes so it can be run from an xterm, and
>     so forth.
>
> 					-Matt
> 					Matthew Dillon
> 					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Brilliant!   And just 12 hours, 27 minutes from the starting gun, too.

A hearty 'well done' and thank you to one and all!

  - and what a nice tribute to Andy Tannenbaum, Andrzej, and all
others who worked on Minix and  'Mined' over the years.

Good ideas never die, they just morph...  ;-)

Bill