Stabble Tag move

Jasse Jansson jasse at hornet.ac
Mon Mar 14 10:56:34 PST 2005

On Mar 13, 2005, at 9:13 PM, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:

On Sun, Mar 13, 2005 at 08:49:55PM +0100, Jasse Jansson wrote:
When you are at it, why don't you replace 'ed' to 'vi' in /bin ???
'ed' was useful for teletype terminals, 'vi' are more suitable for
modern hardware.
I don't think vi is very useful without termcap. termcap is in /usr.
Guess what :) Basic file modifications can be done with cat alone :)
Oki, skip vi, but a more *visual* editor should be more user friendly.
I once goofed with fstab and ended up in singel user mode.
Fixing the mistake was NOT fun with ed, despite the fact
that I own all five of the 4.4BSD manuals.

Joerg