Fwd: Re: Differences between constructive and destructive criticism

Gabriel Ambuehl gaml at buz.ch
Sat Mar 12 11:22:41 PST 2005

Hi EM1897 at xxxxxxx,
you wrote.

Eac> The point was that enhancing MP performance is a waste of
Eac> time if you're going to run things on bus-limited hardware.
Eac> A uniprocessor system with a PCI-X bus will blow the doors
Eac> off of even a well-implemented MP system with standard PCI,
Eac> because the CPU is not the limiting factor.

It's truly beyond me how you know what factor is limiting people's
machines. If that is any indication for the quality of your other
statements then they truthfully are worth nothing at all. Anyway, who
cares for PCI-X if PCI-E is ramping up in volume and even
the first server class kit is shipping already? PCI-X was a hack from
begin with.

And as for why a GigEthernet residing in a HT attached southbridge
(think nForce) is supposedly bandwidth starved, well only you seem to
know about that.

Regards,
Gabriel