procmail recipe

justin at shiningsilence.com justin at shiningsilence.com
Mon Mar 7 17:58:34 PST 2005

> Interesting method, but not exactly for what I'm trying to do. I also
> use TO_ for regular list sorting. But now I want to "deliver list
> postings from specific addresses", ie userIdontlike at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, to
> a special maildir, separate from the regular list postings, easy enough:
>
> :0
> * ^Sender.*crater.dragonfly.com
> * ^From.*userIdontlike at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> dragonfly-special/
>
> The hard part is filtering all the replies (ie all the messages that
> have a mesgid in their References: header that matches a mesgid of a
> mail filtered to dragonfly-special/. :-\

Oh, I see.  There's a recipe out there for adding data from found messages
to a "reference" file, which then can be used to keep track of which
belongs to which.  I don't know where to find it offhand...

It may be easier to read the mailing lists through a newsreader; that way,
you can ignore threads or even use a killfile.  It's a change of method,
but it may be easier than wrangling  procmail into shape for what you
want.