OT: netiquette (was: Re: How to teach OS)

Simon 'corecode' Schubert corecode at fs.ei.tum.de
Sat Mar 5 02:10:09 PST 2005

On 05.03.2005, at 08:42, EM1897 at xxxxxxx wrote:
Hi, I have a pedagogical question.

If you (a developer) were teaching a first level college course in
operating systems with the goal of (eventually) transforming each
student
into a *BSD developer, then how would you teach the course?
Specifically, what programming assignments would you have?  What
material
would you cover?
I thought the point of college was to prepare students for
PAYING jobs?
Hello everyone, and excuse the noise.

Excuse me AOL user,

People do use BSD for production purposes. I've even written portable
software and told the customer to use BSD and they did. It doesn't
have to
be rewriting the OS for a job. [much stupid stuff snipped]
It was a JOKE. Get it? Geeez.
No. You seem to have a very subliminal type of humour. Please use
so-called ``emoticons'' aka ``smileys'' next time you write a funny
comment.

Example:

I thought the point of college was to prepare students for PAYING jobs?
:)

You could even let the guy wink: ``;)''

thanks for your attention, sincerely
  teh simon