Centrino support?

Tsume tsume at code-exec.net
Fri Mar 4 04:31:46 PST 2005

On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 17:20:49 +0800, Bill Hacker <wbh at xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Tsume wrote:

Hello community,
 How is everyone feeling today?
Am interesting question, Does DragonflyBSD support centrino?
 I'm talking about eXecution Bit protection, stepping technology, and
other  functions which the pentium M allows to save energy while
providing decent  speed to the end user. I've just ordered a Pentium M
1.7GHz and hopefully  nothing goes wrong with my order. I'm hoping to
install DragonFlyBSD on  the laptop. Every piece of hardware should be
compatible with a bit of OS  modification(Intel Wireless 2200 built-in
card).
 There is a project which supports my card. Maybe it would be easy to
include in DragonFlyBSD.
http://damien.bergamini.free.fr/ipw/
 My lovely laptop weighs 6 pounds and uses a 6-cell battery.
 The wonders of Centrino technology. The wonders of having a real
notebook  which has at least 4.5+ battery life.
 TSUME
PowerBook 17" user just smiles <g>

Bill
Buying a powerbook would be too easy. I wish to run any BSD and have
support ;)
I've been Windows-free and Linux-free for 3 years and counting and loving
the time spent in BSD.I never frown at quirks or missing components.
DragonFlyBSD would be even better if Joerg finished multibyte support.

Heres a list for Centrino support:
  * NX support - AMD64, Transmeta Efficeon, and Pentium M
  * SpeedStepping(tm)
  * Power management across centrino based hardware
  * Import ipw drivers and controller programs
  * Any other task which might appear
If the processor contains nx support, it will show in the capabilities
line for the processor information.

flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca
cmov pat pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 pni syscall nx mmxext lm 3dnowext
3dnow

TSUME