Note to LEAF users on ssh logins

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Thu Mar 3 15:53:08 PST 2005

:
:Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
:> Someone wants to write a nice PF version? It should just add the IP to
:> a table :)
:
:Done! :)
:
:This is a rather neat idea so I plan on extending this excellent script
:further in the next coming days.
:
:http://pfsense.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/tools/sshlockout_pf.c?rev=1.2

    Please do!  It needs a lot of work but if someone wants to turn the
    idea into a real utility that we can distribute, I'm all for it.  It
    has always struck me as strange that while programs like ssh are
    pretty good at logging, there don't seem to be very many 'official'
    programs to monitor those logs and take protective action.

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>