Vinum problem

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Tue Jun 28 11:22:42 PDT 2005

:On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 21:22:26 +0200, Manfred Stienstra wrote:
:
:Ok, I figured out what the problem was.
:
:> mount# vinum create -v vinum.volumes
:>    1: drive a device /dev/ar0s1e
:> ** 1 Can't initialize drive a: Operation not supported by device
:
:Operation not supported is issued because the kernel driver currently
:doesn't know harddisk device names can start with 'ar'. This is easily
:fixed with a small patch and rebuild.

    Manfred, could you post that patch?

:>    2: drive b device /dev/ad0s1h
:> ** 2 : Invalid argument
:
:Apparently the partition that is to be added to the vinum volume need to
:be of type 'vinum', this wasn't documented in the handbook.
:
:Manfred

    I will document that section of the handbook.

    I'm glad you were able to track down the problem!

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>