Pentium D 820 and DragonFly

John Duncan agley at optusnet.com.au
Tue Jun 21 15:59:21 PDT 2005

Hi,
   It is time I got a new computer. The Pentium D 820 seems the only
   reasonably priced dual-core chip though the chip sets it runs on
   aren't supported yet.

   My question is about the Digital Transmission Copyright Protection
   and other DRM being built into these boards. Does anyone have any
   information about whether these protections will interfere with
   running non-Microsoft operating systems e.g. DragonFly on these
   boards ?

   I have looked around but the disclosed facts don't seem to go into
   this detail. I have no problem with these protections existing on a
   board I own as long as they work at a level that does not interfere
   with the operating system or network stack ; or alternatively can be
   turned off in the bios even if this disables access to some content.

                              Thanks for any information,
                                   John Duncan