Pkgsrc discussion where / Firefox (was: Re: problems and more problems :o()

Joerg Sonnenberger joerg at britannica.bec.de
Mon Jun 20 05:50:37 PDT 2005

Willkommen :)

On Mon, Jun 20, 2005 at 02:22:02PM +0200, Hans-Werner Hilse wrote:
> - you say "pending patch". That leads me to the question how DragonFly-
> related patches to the pkgsrc-tree should be submitted. How did you
> submit yours? The pkgsrc manual mentions send-pr, is that the way to
> go?

The prefered way is either to send it directly to the maintainer of
the package or via send-pr / send-pr web front end. Sometimes I submit
patches e.g. to the gobsd list first, especially for bigger things
like Firefox. If you are not sure whether your patch is correct,
send it to the gobsd list, if it is bigger, send the URL :)

> - second, the firefox diff doesn't work for me (that is, firefox
> doesn't compile anyway, the diff itself applies fine). It's breaking at
> some obscure extension "transformiix" in mozilla/extensions/
> transformiix/source/base/Double.cpp with the error that the constant
> "NAN" is undeclared.

Keep in mind that pkgsrc is changing. A few days ago the patch to
Double.cpp in pkgsrc itself was changed, so this should be a result
of that. Try a checkout of a few days ago. I'll update the patch in
the next days.

Joerg