locale difficulties

Jiawei Ye leafy at nospam.com.tw
Fri Jun 3 00:48:40 PDT 2005

Dear fellow users,

I have some problems with locales since 1.1-stable (I now run 1.3-Preview).
My locale is zh_TW.Big5. mutt used to display correct Chinese characters in
the menu. But now everything is garbled. Rebuilding all ports did not help.
mutt.mo installed in /usr/local/share/locale/zh_TW is the same as my other
FreeBSD 6-current system, which displayed correct Chinese characters.

I have
LANG=zh_TW.Big5 ; export LANG
LC_CTYPE=zh_TW.Big5 ; export LC_CTYPE
LC_ALL=zh_TW.Big5 ; export LC_ALL
in my .bashrc on both Dragonfly 1.3-preview and FreeBSD-6. All setup are
identical. Does this have to to with the libc locale change?

Regards,

Jiawei Ye