Remove unsed KQUEUE from usr.bin/make?

Joerg Sonnenberger joerg at britannica.bec.de
Thu Jul 7 07:30:39 PDT 2005

On Thu, Jul 07, 2005 at 12:56:48AM -0700, Max Okumoto wrote:
> Does anyone object if I remove the KQUEUE code from make.  It
> is not used, and it does not improve performance.  Or atleast
> the comments in the code indicate that it does not.

It might not improve the performance in the current state.
But it is also only partially used for now. You could IMO
dramatically simplify the logical since it provides a common
place for both IO and child related handling. I think I'd prefer
to make (a) the default, (b) remove the non-kqueue code and
(c) fully exploit it.

Joerg