installing extra software

Andreas Hauser andy at splashground.de
Fri Jul 1 02:59:18 PDT 2005

rnyberg wrote @ Fri, 01 Jul 2005 10:01:58 +0200:

> > I guess it was the emacs segfaulting on you ?
> Yeah. And bash doesn't run. Firefox does work though.
>
> doozer# bash
> /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: bash: Undefined symbol "__error"

fixed. bash was pre errno.
Basically all pre June 27 packages on fortunaty.net are broken on HEAD.
I'm trying to replace them one by one. I try to preference those people
mention to me.

> doozer# emacs
> Fatal error (11).Segmentation fault (core dumped)
>
> doozer# emacs -nw
> Fatal error (6).Abort (core dumped)
>
> > I haven't looked at it, but it might be our stack gap stuff,
> > since many lisps think they can predict certain things about
> > the layout.
> Nasty...

Bad guess, i guess.
I'm on it.
In the meantime there is a xemacs package that should work.

> I just realized that I can run linux-binaries of bash and emacs,
> so I actually have a semi-usable environment now :)

The nice thing when you have more ABIs :)

> It's a great service you provide with packages Andy. It's still
> a bit hard to build them from source.

Thanks.

Andy