BSD Installer Technology Preview (2005.0721) Available - please help test

walt wa1ter at myrealbox.com
Fri Jul 22 11:41:34 PDT 2005

walt wrote:

As an alternative -- I think maybe a 'make upgrade' would
do that automatically, but I'm not sure.  I dunno if the
'upgrade' mode of the installer does a 'make upgrade' or
not, but perhaps it should?
Silly me, I overlooked the obvious:  there a a few pathetic
individuals (like sysadmins) who just can't be bothered to
re-compile the system from source code every day like us
normal people!  There may even be a few psychotics out there
who don't even have a /usr/src directory.  We can only have
pity for such people...