mouse driver

Hans-Werner Hilse hilse at web.de
Tue Jul 12 06:57:52 PDT 2005

Hi,

On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 15:34:30 +0200
Huub <hditvdotniekerkathccnetdotnl at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I just installed vs. DFBSD 1.2, and got X running. I just can't find the
> mouse-driver..what should I install?

I made bad experiences (on -Preview, though) with accessing the device
directly from X (skippy mouse movements), but it worked well to start
the moused and use "Sysmouse" driver in X and "/dev/sysmouse" as the
device.

For whatever reason, all tested DragonFly versions (RELEASE, Preview,
HEAD) do strange things when it comes to my mouse's wheel. It's
recognized, but moused doesn't work as expected with

# moused -t auto -p /dev/psm0 -z 4

it only reports one direction of wheel movement. OTOH, wenn I specify
it as

# moused -t auto -p /dev/psm0 -z 5

everything is fine. Anybody else had this issue?

-hwh