Cannot compile samba

Andreas Kohn andreas.kohn at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 13:44:33 PST 2005

[users@ readded to CC, my fault for dropping it :(]

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 19:39:08 +0100, Heinrich Rebehn
<rebehn at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Andreas Kohn wrote:
> > On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 20:49:56 +0100, Heinrich Rebehn
> > <rebehn at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> >>Seems like using ports will not get boring:
> >>
> >>root at dfbsd [/usr/ports/net/samba3] # make
> >>===>  samba-3.0.10,1 is marked as broken: ACL support requires FreeBSD
> >>5.x at least after 20010326.
> >>root at dfbsd [/usr/ports/net/samba3] #
> >>
> >>:-( :-( :-(
> >>
> >>Heinrich
> >>

> > Reading the original FreeBSD Makefile, ACL_SUPPORT is optional and
> > non-default. Could you try without? (Probably have to nuke your
> > options file for that...)
> >
> > I have very dark memories of having stumbled over the same thing some time ago.
> >
> > Regards,
> > --
> > Andreas
>
> Could someone please tell me how to get the selection menu back???
> What options file are you talking about?

Try make rmconfig (see ports(7)).
The ports framework stores the settings from the configuration menu in
a file IIRC somewhere under /var (/var/db/ports ?). make rmconfig is
supposed to clear this file, so that the next make will show the menu
again.

Regards,
--
Andreas