flashing bios

George Georgalis george at galis.org
Sat Jan 15 15:19:13 PST 2005

On Sat, Jan 15, 2005 at 09:41:06PM +0100, Andreas Kohn wrote:
>On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 11:53:31 -0800 (PST), Matthew Dillon
><dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>     I've never understood why the BIOS makers, who have full control over
>>     their machine's BIOSes, can't supply bootable images for flashing
>>     purposes.
>>
>Even this problem contains no need for MS Windows...
>http://www.bootdisk.com/ (for example, there are many more sites)
>contains images of boot disks.

I tried http://www.sysresccd.org/ which includes a freedos boot image
(and gag bootloader, partition resizer...) but it was also incompatible.

I think this bios flasher requires a 'new' boot floppy. The problem is
rebooting, it requires a hands on powercycle. I'm going to call em Monday,

// George

--
George Georgalis, systems architect, administrator Linux BSD IXOYE
http://galis.org/george/ cell:646-331-2027 mailto:george at xxxxxxxxx