On SMP

Jonathon McKitrick jcm at FreeBSD-uk.eu.org
Sat Jan 22 14:45:17 PST 2005

Hi Matt,

based on this post and the one about X.org running with threads, there is
something I don't understand.

DFly has light-weight kernel threads, right?  So more that one thread
(process?) can be in the kernel at once, right?

What is the issue with userland threads, pthreads, libc_r, and so on?  What
is the 1:1 threading library you mentioned?

Sorry for the naive questions, but I guess I've never harmonized my generic
knowledge of threads (Win32, python, Java) with POSIX/*nix/(DFly)BSD
threading primitives.

Jonathon
--
The beaten path is for the beaten man.