porting SSOD (Single sign on daemon to sync passwords with windows) to dragonfly bsd

Martin P. Hellwig mhellwig at xs4all.nl
Sun Jan 9 08:27:40 PST 2005

Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
On Sun, Jan 09, 2005 at 02:26:29PM +0100, Martin P. Hellwig wrote:

I've downloaded from the Microsoft SFU3.5 (services for unix).
Besides alot of other tools there is that SSOD which syncs the password
between unix and windows, out of the box support is for RedHat, AIX,
HP-UX and Solaris.
The sync can be with or without NIS and you can sync them to
2000/2003/XP in or without Active Directory.

At least for Active Directory, you can use normal KerberosV authentication
and LDAP / LDAP-NIS gateways.
Thanks for your reply, I was already aware for this kind of a solution
but I like to keep it more general as I wanted to sync with a couple of
XP boxes without a domain, which means that I use a central DF box to
centralize the passwords for the XP boxes and use some scripts to create
user on the local machines, this way I can spear me the cost of an 2000
server and migrate as much as possible to unix.

--
mph