Backporting DFly patches to FreeBSD?

Tom Hummel tom at bluespice.org
Sat Feb 26 14:51:31 PST 2005

I don't think I have to "prove" it.
Nobody forces you, but it has some advantages to do so.

 I'm telling you what happens.
Please don't forget to make sure, i believe it.

I can't prove that the Sun is bright either. It
however... you can prove what's less brighter than the sun, by measuring
two things in cl and tell me how. That's what i expect. If i already did
it myself, i could compare our ways and learn...
What if the sun is 'BSD and another lightsource is Linux...

just is. You shouldn't get RX_OVERRUNS with a constant
traffic stream running at 60% usage, but you do. And if
you do something in user-land, like a database lookup, it
gets worse, which also shouldn't happen. On BSD the lookup
will take a real long time, but you won't drop packets on
the network interface. It can probably be tuned,
> but only Linus and Allan know how to do it most likely.

I'm really interested in some exact measures, because i didn't have the
"luck" to encounter such a situation and could measure it myself.