sendmail as a secondary MX

Janet Sullivan ciscogeek at bgp4.net
Fri Feb 25 02:58:17 PST 2005

Bill Hacker wrote:
Janet Sullivan wrote:

OK, I'm confused.  I'm using the exact same configuration for sendmail
on DF 1.1-CURRENT that I had on FreeBSD 4.11, but I'm seeing very
different results.

For my domain bgp4.net, I have nj.bgp4.net set as MX 10 (the primary)
and tx.bgp4.net set as MX 20 (the secondary).
Which,of those is running DragonFlyBSD?
tx.bgp4.net only, or both?
Which, (both?) is running Sendmail?
tx is running Dragonfly.  nj is running FreeBSD 4.11.  Both run
sendmail.  However, I don't think nj's config enters into the problem,
as tx never attempts to relay mail over to nj.

Do you have a before and after of /etc/groups, etc/master.password?
Yes. Everything looks kosher.

Is everything being run with the same EUID, EGID as before the change?
Yes.

Are various files and directories still under the same ownership and
mode as before the change?
Yes.

Are two instances of an MTA being requested, and in contention over the
port?
No.

The only difference I see off the bat is that before converting
tx.bgp4.net to DragonFly, it was running sendmail 8.13.1, while on DF it
now uses 8.12.10.