Backporting DFly patches to FreeBSD?

Devon H. O'Dell dodell at sitetronics.com
Mon Feb 21 08:21:16 PST 2005

On Mon, 2005-02-21 at 11:14 -0500, EM1897 at xxxxxxx wrote:
> In a message dated 2/21/05 3:09:15 AM Eastern Standard Time,
> dodell at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
>
> >Good code is a good first step.
> >
> >It's really not a contest, nor is it a war. If it is, I'd like someone
> >to please tell me so I can get out of it.
>
> If your goal in life is simply to "do" something, then your chances
> of doing it well are diminished. The goal of being the best, if for no
> other satisfaction than being able to stand on your desk and
> beat your chest, is the only goal worth working towards.

If your goal in life is to be the best in everything, you might achieve
that goal, but you will generally lose a lot of friends in doing so.
Being diplomatic about it is a necessity. When developing for DragonFly,
please feel free to do so with all your pride. When advocating
DragonFly, please do not bash everybody else.

If the above is unreasonable, I want no part in it.

This is the point I am making.

--Devon