another dragonfly drawing

Martin P. Hellwig mhellwig at xs4all.nl
Tue Feb 15 23:01:37 PST 2005

George Georgalis wrote:
<cut>
I really like that, looks good with my default, medium-cyan background.
immediately saw a dragonfly in the background too.
I don't think it looks anything like the zelda logo, btw. But I thought
I hope so nintendo would agree on that too and even if they would agree
and Matt and his trustees would like to have a logo besides Fred, it is
questionable if a logo should have a (coincidental) similarity to a game
logo. It might be not a thing we would like to have a reference too.

the existing logo was going to be kept, while owner copyright revocation
would continue to become more absurd.
Of course Fred will stay, we need him! ;-)
But me was thinking that maybe DF could use a logo besides their mascot.
The same as NetBSD has there flag logo and the (pile of )daemon(s) as
mascot and as FreeBSD will have <fill in> logo and the daemon.
But the final decision if the DragonFly could use a logo coexisting with
Fred is at the project leader, where it should be.
Cosmetic things are fun (well for me at least) to do but not that
important I think.

--
mph