em driver - issue #2

EM1897 at aol.com EM1897 at aol.com
Sat Feb 5 18:20:03 PST 2005

joerg at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
On Sat, Feb 05, 2005 at 05:48:38PM -0500, EM1897 at xxxxxxx wrote:
> It appears that the lockup is a bug in the em driver; one that perhaps
> just doesnt happen often enough for anyone to have gone to the trouble
> of tracking it down. But its exasperated by the mbuf problem, so if that
> can be cleared up it should be "good enough", at least for the time being.

OK, this is definitely evil code. Are you in a position and willing to
do performance and/or stability tests of further patches?

Joerg
ha. Its written by Intel, what do you expect?

I'm not in a position at the moment, but I will be on Monday when the work
week resumes. We have that Super Bowl thing over here tomorrow...

Shoot me something and I'll fire it up on Monday and try to provide
as much feedback as possible. Can you determine why the m_getcl()
is failing also? That seems extraneous to the driver.