ipfilter on 1.1-CURRENT

Janet Sullivan ciscogeek at bgp4.net
Thu Feb 24 15:01:09 PST 2005

Perhaps some kind committer could look at revision 1.21.2.1 of ipfilter
at http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/etc/rc.d/ipfilter and bring
it into DragonFly?  It does solve the already initialized messages.
Well, not everything is rosy with IPF, even with the new rc.d script.
IPF compiled into the kernel works, but loading it as a module fails
using either version of the rc.d script.  Using the 1.21.2.1 version of
the ipfilter rc.d script from FreeBSD, I get the following:

/etc/rc: ERROR: ipfilter module is not loaded
link_elf: symbol in6_cksum undefined
kldload:
can't load ipl
:
Exec format error
/etc/rc: ERROR: IP-filter module failed to load.
However, I'm not comfortable messing with this much more.  The machine
is in Texas, I'm in Seattle, and I have no remote console access to it.
 If I screw up the firewall and lock myself out, that would really
suck. ;-)

The 1.21.2.1 ipfilter rc.d script does solve some of the error messages
I was seeing earlier however, so its probably still worth looking at.

Sorry for all the babble.

Janet