Dragonfly and Hyperthreading....

Martin P. Hellwig mhellwig at xs4all.nl
Tue Feb 22 01:58:42 PST 2005

EM1897 at xxxxxxx wrote:
<cut>
Tyan is on my blacklist, ever since having to recall 38 systems from
throughout the world because they spontanously rebooted due to a
power design flaw...Again, it all SOUNDS great, but until I get it
on the bench its just a lot of words.

<cut>
If I would have a blacklist for all hardware returned due to manufacture
f**k up, I will not be able to buy any hardware. If I would have a list
for banned software due to programmer f**k up, it would surely get real
quite around here.

For me it is important how the manufacture handles these issue, Tyan in
this case is not worse or better then any of the other manufacters out
there.

The motherbord is now in post-production and although I have not had the
chance to test it for my self I base my opinion on the german magazine
iX, however I agree with you that till now it are just a lot of words ;-).

--
mph