Conclusion - Re: Backporting DFly patches to FreeBSD?

James Frazer jfrazer at ieee.org
Mon Feb 21 13:44:38 PST 2005

It's something that you'll have to deal with that as long as your core
developers are running around making negative comments about FreeBSD,
you're going to have poor relations with the FreeBSD developers who
read those comments and wonder why they should bother.
It's the price we pay for freedom.

I think a lot of these negative comments have been blown out of
proportion.  If people don't like what they read in someone's blog, then
they simply don't need to read it.  Just because someone is affiliated
with a group shouldn't mean that they should have to censor everything
they say (unless they are purposefully trying to pass their opinions off
as that of the group's)

I don't think there's any need for unnecessary negative comments, but at
the same time I don't think we're doing ourselves any favors if we're
fishing for them.