another dragonfly drawing

Martin P. Hellwig mhellwig at xs4all.nl
Tue Feb 15 12:05:38 PST 2005

<cut>
mention: the white space in the interior looks somewhat like an
insect... (probably you need to use some imagination to see that)
Now you mentioned it I see it too :-)

I thought about making the wings a bit more dragonfly-like (long and
thin), which works if you choose not an equilateral triangle but a
"golden triangle" (sides in the "golden ratio" 1.618+ to 1) which is
supposed to signify perfection and all that.  I dropped two of
the triangles to keep the aspect ratio right.  This is the result:

http://rsidd.online.fr/dfly.pdf
It definitly does have appeal! Though I can not say wich one I like more
but that is something we probably can not decide about our own work :-)

The total amount of tri(3)angles are 6 so I let you do the reference for
this last one ;-)
 > Sorry, I spoiled that... however, now the number of triangles is 4 and
the number of outer vertices is 6, so we're ok :)
Well only missing the triple six reference, aah well maybe wasn't one of
the most subtile ones ;-)

Do you have the svg? I like to tinker somewhat on your modification.

--
mph