em driver issues

EM1897 at aol.com EM1897 at aol.com
Thu Feb 3 17:05:44 PST 2005

dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
:I got a NULL POINTER error, so its probably something with the ring
overflow,
:or maybe running out of mbuf clusters? There were no other error messages.
:It should be easy to duplicate, and not hard for me to debug once I compile
:DDB into my kernel.
:
:The same test on FBSD 4.9 and 4.10 work fine, so thats why I asked if an
:effort was underway to get the FreeBSD updates into dragonfly,as they may
:fix the problem.
:
:EM

>    This sounds like a network stack/mbuf issue.  Could you please post
>    the backtrace of the panic ?

Ok, here is the summary of the backtrace:

panic: Trying to free NULL pointer
panic()
free()
m_clalloc()