ipfilter on 1.1-CURRENT

Janet Sullivan ciscogeek at bgp4.net
Thu Feb 24 14:42:11 PST 2005

Janet Sullivan wrote:

With IPF complied into my kernel (today's sources), I get the
following messages in my dmesg:

Enabling ipfilter.
IP Filter: already initialized
IP Filter: already initialized
IP Filter: already initialized
IP Filter: already initialized
ioctl(SIOCIPFL6): Invalid argument
I'm guessing the SIOCIPFL6 error is because I don't have IPv6 complied
in.  Why the four already initialized messages though?

To answer my own question, the already initialized messages are a
problem with /etc/rc.d/ipfilter.   I'm going to look at the latest
version of the file in FreeBSD and see how it works, it looks like they
fixed the problem.

Perhaps some kind committer could look at revision 1.21.2.1 of ipfilter
at http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/etc/rc.d/ipfilter and bring
it into DragonFly?  It does solve the already initialized messages.