another dragonfly drawing

George Georgalis george at galis.org
Tue Feb 15 15:07:53 PST 2005

On Tue, Feb 15, 2005 at 04:58:46PM +0100, Martin P. Hellwig wrote:
>Oke another one:
>http://www.xs4all.nl/~mhellwig/dfbm/sixTriangles.png
>
>But this one is more like a logo, the idea behind it is that if we
>introduce a logo early enough we won't need a contest in the future ;-)
>
>The logo itself has actually a story:
>The triangle is reference to the trident of the BSD daemon.
>The 4 corners of the parallelogram represent the number of the current
>more popular bsd's (DragonFly, Free, Net and Open).
>The "missing" interior 2 triangles is a reference for the former 2 bsd's
>(net & free) or a reference to the 2 forks (DF and Open), your choice.
>
>The total amount of tri(3)angles are 6 so I let you do the reference for
>this last one ;-)
>
>The color green is used because red is so 20th century... and ofcource
>Fred has some green too, besides all other references are to BSD in
>general and so this one is used to brand it just for DF ;-)

I really like that, looks good with my default, medium-cyan background.
immediately saw a dragonfly in the background too.

I don't think it looks anything like the zelda logo, btw. But I thought
the existing logo was going to be kept, while owner copyright revocation
would continue to become more absurd.

// George

--
George Georgalis, systems architect, administrator Linux BSD IXOYE
http://galis.org/george/ cell:646-331-2027 mailto:george at xxxxxxxxx