interrupt routing problem?

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Wed Feb 9 13:40:24 PST 2005

:>
:>    We currently have some issues with gdb'ing kernel cores that may make
:>    it more difficult to track the problem down.  Joerg has been working on
:>    them.
:>
:
:I can do that, but I'm not sure you understood properly. When I said "lock up"
:I didnt mean that the system locked up, but just the controller. I can run
:ifconfigs to revive the port, so I can add trace code or whatever is necessary
:to look at things.
:
:Since my last post I fired up linux and linux runs fine with no problems. The
:interrrupt that both ports on the PCI-X slot is using is 9.
:
:Also, why does dragonfly put stray interrupts into the vmstat output? Is
:that useful for something?

    If you get a dump I can look at the EM driver's management structures
    to try to figure out what state the EM driver is in.

    keeping track of stray interrupts is a good debugging tool.

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>