Unix equivalent of a variant??

Jonas Trollvik jontro at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 05:17:34 PST 2005

If you really want to use the VARIANT structures it's just to copy
them from the headers. VARIANT is mainly used in windows automation
com objects, this is probably ported to linux and the main BSDs
already. I dont see any use of VARIANT unless you're using a higher
level language like vb or want to communicate with automation objects.
If you own a license of microsoft visual c++ you can easily port the
COleVariant classes to dragonfly if that's what you're using

-Jonas