mounting "partitions"

George Georgalis george at galis.org
Mon Feb 28 18:27:23 PST 2005

I'm having difficulty "mouning a file on the loopback device"...

I created a file, (from linux to dfly) like so:

dd if=/dev/hda1 | ssh dfly "dd of=/usr/hda1.dd"

I'd like to (as expressed in linux world)

mount -olo /usr/hda1.dd /mnt && rsync --delete -avessh /mnt/ linux:/mnt/hda1/

the filesystem happens to be fat32, so I guess I need to enable that in
the kernel, and what else? I don't see lo as a mount option... (for now
I've just dd-ed back the whole thing)

// George

--
George Georgalis, systems architect, administrator Linux BSD IXOYE
http://galis.org/george/ cell:646-331-2027 mailto:george at xxxxxxxxx