Success Story

Guillermo Garcia Rojas garciarojas at solobsd.org
Wed Feb 23 09:12:59 PST 2005

Two days ago I cvsuped and follow the usual steps to build my DFly system,
I did something wrong, and every single command throws me a segmentation
fault.

This wasn't the first time I did something wrong, so I insert my FreeBSD
4.9-RELEASE CD and Upgrade, to move along then to DragonFly again.

I cvsuped and "make buildworld" but something went wrong. Someone on IRC
told me that crosscompiling was not supported anymore. So I would have to
back-up, and reinstall from scratch.

Because of business problems, I will be offline at the end of this month,
so I have no time to send all my data (mp3's mostly :D) to another
machine, download the latest DragonFly ISO, buy a CD, burn the ISO,
reinstall, and move data back to my box. The I decided to stay on FreeBSD
4.11 for the moment.

But, here becomes the success of this story: someone of the developers
helped me, as others have did it in other time, and made a review of my
"make buildworld" problem, and submit a patch (ls.c patch). Now I'm back
on DragonFly :) This person told me to advice him if something bad cames
up. Great!

These little things are what make DragonFly a great project! and people a
great team of developers!

I want to thank Matt for this great project, and for the team of great
developers he has. And to all the developers that really CARE of us,
users.

A big THANK YOU to all of you!

--
---