installing ports

George Georgalis george at galis.org
Sat Feb 19 20:22:20 PST 2005

I'm experiencing a couple problems with ports.

Some source repositories are unavailable, fine, that takes a second.
But others just time out, taking several minutes. Is it possible to
configure (globally) so sites like ayamura.org aren't even checked?

=> Attempting to fetch from ftp://ftp.ayamura.org/pub/zsh/.
fetch: transfer timed out
=> Attempting to fetch from ftp://linux.sarang.net/mirror/system/zsh/.
fetch: ftp://linux.sarang.net/mirror/system/zsh/zsh-4.2.3-doc.tar.bz2: File unavailable (e.g., file not found, no access)
=> Attempting to fetch from ftp://ftp.lysator.liu.se/pub/unix/zsh/.
Receiving zsh-4.2.3-doc.tar.bz2 (1646339 bytes): 100%
1646339 bytes transferred in 6.3 seconds (255.33 kBps)

also, I don't think it's normal to require make clean on first build,
but "make && make install" will typically return me to a prompt, no
error and "make clean && make && make install" works to download and
build the port. Not sure how I've configured this to happen, or is it
normal?

// George

--
George Georgalis, systems architect, administrator Linux BSD IXOYE
http://galis.org/george/ cell:646-331-2027 mailto:george at xxxxxxxxx