Intel motherboards, Dragonfly Boot CD and BIOS redirects ... ?

Marc G. Fournier scrappy at hub.org
Tue Feb 15 13:01:10 PST 2005

First question, is anyone using an Intel motherboard?

I have an intel server here, with a dragonfly boot cd in it ... I'm trying
to get the BIOS redirect stuff to work, so that I can set this server up
to be administer'd remotely ... everything seems to work okay, until:

CD Loader 1.01

Building the boot loader arguments
Looking up /BOOT/LOADER... Found
Connection closed by foreign host.
I'm trying to do this through a PM25 Portmaster ... I found a good bit of
info from:

http://www.watson.org/~robert/freebsd/portmaster25/

but that deals with using the FreeBSD serial console in the kernel, vs
trying to use the BIOS Redirect stuff, which would give me more control
over the server then a simple serial console will do :)

Am I stuck with using just the serial console?  Or is there some way of
getting around this?

Thanks ...

----
Email: scrappy at xxxxxxx           Yahoo!: yscrappy              ICQ: 7615664