Update on release engineering for 1.4

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Fri Dec 30 10:10:33 PST 2005

    We are making very good progress with lots of issues reported and
    fixed!

    Steve Mynott and Sepherosa Ziehau found a fairly serious issue with
    network interface detachments (such as when you pull a cardbus card out).
    Sepherosa is working on a fix, which he is comitting to HEAD.  It will
    be MFC'd to the release branch before we release.

    This is going to necessitate pushing back the release by a week, so
    the tentative release date is now January 7th.  As I have said many
    times, we are not going to release until we are happy with the release!

    ( I think in the future I will shift the December release to January
    anyway because Christmas seems to interfere with the release process
    a little too much! )

    I will roll release-candidate #2 tonight, with the provisio that the
    netif detachments haven't been fixed yet.

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>