1.4.0_RC1 and pkgsrc

Justin C. Sherrill justin at shiningsilence.com
Tue Dec 27 19:54:24 PST 2005

On Tue, December 27, 2005 8:42 pm, Bryan Berch said:
> On Wed, 2005-12-28 at 01:18 +0100, Simon 'corecode' Schubert wrote:
>

>> what do you mean with "working"?  pkg_add should work.  If you want to
>> install from source you'll have to anoncvs the pkgsrc tree.
>>
>> cheers
>>    simon
>>
> I figured out the pkg_add, but nothing will install saying that it was
> built for 1.3.7-DEVELOPMENT (pkg) vs. 1.4.0-RELEASE (this host).
>
> I know I have to be missing something easy here.

(for Bryan)
You can use the -f flag, to force the install, which I did when trying to
add packages to a 1.3.5 machine when gobsd.com only had 1.3.6.  Where are
you getting these packages from?

(for everyone)
However, this also forces installation if there's a script error or a
missing dependency.  What version of DragonFly are we going to use for
binary packages?