pkgsrc/courier-imap

Tomas antencek at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 17:15:56 PST 2005

Hello, all.

I am trying to configure mail system with courier-imap + pgsql in a jail.

I had that already made with df-ports, but since DF's default is pkgsrc,
I thought I'd give it a try.

After compiling etc. etc., configuring, googling...I still do not have a
solution to my problem...which is that I can not access all mail
messages in my maildir (copied from previous installation) through POP3
and I can not use IMAP.

POP3 shows only first 162 messages of 344 in my INBOX.

maillog logs:

Dec 17 01:45:08 mail pop3d: LOGIN, user=username, ip=[::ffff:192.168.1.90]
Dec 17 01:45:26 mail pop3d: Error while saving courierpop3dsizelist,
user=username

If I delete courierpop3dsizelist from users maildir, only the first
message in directory is available to be retrived.

Trying to use IMAP my thunderbird looks for folders, maillog only logs
successfull login and then imapd.core file is produced in users directory.

I have built these packages (and it's dependencies) from pkgsrc:

courier-authlib-0.57 Courier Authentication Library
courier-maildir-0.52.1 Courier maildir utilities
courier-imap-4.0.6  IMAP server for access to maildir-style mailboxes
Is there anyone who has a working combination of courier-imap from
pkgsrc on DF 1.3.7-PREVIEW?

Thank you for your help.

Regards,
Tomas