Call for pkgsrc testing

Joseph Garcia bsd_usr at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 15 17:03:39 PST 2005

joerg at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
On Wed, Nov 30, 2005 at 06:18:59PM -0500, Bob Bagwill wrote:

On Wed, 30 Nov 2005 16:48:32 +0100, joerg wrote:

since now most parts of KDE and Gnome compile, please try it (esp. the
binary packages for easier reproducability) and report problems.
Locations of the packages can be found on the download page :-)
BTW, how would we request additional meta-pkgs, e.g. xfce4?

For the moment, don't expect all the meta-pkgs to work. They often
depend on too many low-level stuff, which isn't always fixed yet. Most
parts should be there, xfce4-session doesn't build due to a dependency
problem.
Joerg

xfce4-session may have been fixed since the previous message was posted
(at least I'm assuming so), because it seems to build okay. I just
thought I might point that out.

Here's my pkg_info output:

bear at dfly [~] > pkg_info -Ia | grep session
xfce4-session-4.2.3 Xfce session manager
If it was fixed since then, then thanks! XFCE4 is a nice, light desktop.
It runs great on my Preview box!

Joseph